At Community Sports and Wellness, we have something for your whole family – including your kids. Come and get your workout in while your kids enjoy some fun activities of their own. Contact us to learn more about hours and availability.
- 7:30-12pm & 3:00-8:00pm
- Sunday closed
CSW is proud to partner with Sensory City, an organization that is dedicated to helping children with invisible disabilities. Sensory City focuses on making spaces friendly for individuals with sensory needs. They make spaces that accommodate children with autism, PTSD, dementia, and ADHD. CSW is the only fitness facility in the mid-west to become Sensory Friendly Certified and able to appropriately accommodate children with sensory disorders. From our sensory kit containing special fidget toys and noise-canceling headphones to our sensory tent and weighted lap pad, CSW is fully equipped to care for all children and give parents peace of mind while their children are in our care.
Child Care Information
Revised June 2021
Community Sports & Wellness (CSW) is pleased to offer childcare to our members with the purchase of a Basic Family Membership Package at no additional cost. CSW members and guest are encouraged to utilize this amenity for their children aged 6 weeks through 12 years of age. Our goal is to provide a positive experience for children with age-appropriate activities in a safe and secure environment during your time at CSW.
- Childcare Schedule SUMMER HOURS:
- 7:30am-12:00pm & 3:00pm-8:00pm
- Policies and Procedures
- Upon dropping off your child/ren in our childcare area, a parent or guardian is required to check in with a childcare staff member. Please note: the same parent/guardian to drop off their child/ren must also pick them up, unless otherwise stated at the time of drop off. In an instance where an alternate guardian wishes to check a child out of childcare without proper authorization, CSW staff is required to contact the original parent or guardian to receive such authorization.
- Children will be required to remove their shoes before entering the play area. Every child (that can walk) is to always wear socks while inside the childcare area. Shoe cubbies and coat hangers will be easily accessible upon entry.
- Each parent/guardian MUST remain on CSW property while their child/ren are in the childcare.
- Children may utilize the childcare for up to 2 hours each day.
- Coming soon…For the safety of all children and to comply with staff and child ratios put into effect by CSW management, all infants under 12 months of age are required to have an infant reservation prior to dropping off. Reservations can be made no more than 24 hours in advance and are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. CSW staff members have the right to deny entry to parents or guardians who do not make a reservation. Forgot to make a reservation but would like to get a workout in? No worries! Just call CSW at (765) 744-1606 and check their current availability before leaving your home.
- Proper attire is required by all children. Proper attire includes (but is not limited to): shirts, pants, underwear and socks. Please refrain from allowing your child to wear clothing which depict inappropriate graphics, frightening images or profane language. Clothes should always be worn appropriately; pants should fit securely around the waist and shirts should not expose midriffs or be too loose around the neck. Parents with young children are encouraged to bring a change of clothes for their children in case of emergencies.
- The health of all CSW staff members and childcare participants are very important to us. Please keep all ill children at home. If a child is too sick to go to school, they are too sick to use all CSW services. Children with a temperature of 99.9 degrees or higher, runny nose, excessive cough, flu symptoms, rashes, drainage from the eyes, vomiting, or diarrhea will not be permitted in the childcare area. Any CSW staff has the right to use their discretion when allowing participation in childcare activities. If a child becomes ill while in the CSW childcare, a staff member will contact the parent or guardian and that child will require immediate removal from the facility.
- Staff are not to administer any prescribed or over-the-counter medication to children. The only exception to this policy is in response to a life-threatening allergic reaction. In this case, parents should train staff on how to administer the appropriate medication.
- Food and Drinks
- Children may consume snacks and drinks from home within certain areas of the childcare room. Parents are to clearly label all cups and containers with the child’s last name. CSW childcare is a “Nut Free Zone” so please refrain from sending products that contain nuts with your child. All drinks must have a spill proof lid. No glass containers are permitted. Children will not have access to a microwave or refrigerator, so please plan all snacks accordingly.
- Toys from Home
- Please do not bring toys, money, small objects, or other items from home. CSW will provide your child with fun, safe and age-appropriate toys while they are using childcare area. If a comfort item is needed, it is the parent’s responsibility to properly label said item and remember to take it as the child leaves. Electronics are strongly discouraged.
- CSW strives to provide a safe and fun environment for all children. Aggressive or inappropriate behavior will first be addressed by redirection, discussion and behavior modification. Should the unwanted behavior continue, your child will be removed from other children and placed in a short time-out. It is our goal to keep every child safe and in compliance with all childcare rules and regulations while helping to develop a sense of responsibility for one’s actions.
- If a child is displaying extreme negative behaviors within the childcare area (ex: biting, hitting, fits of rage, etc.) a CSW staff member will alert the parent either in person or via text. Displays of extreme behaviors will require immediate removal of the child from the childcare area. If such behaviors continue, CSW reserves the right to discontinue services.
- First (1st) offense= Verbal warning from childcare staff to parent
- Second (2nd) offense= Written warning to be signed by parent
- Third (3rd) offense= 1-week suspension from childcare
- Fourth (4th) offense= 2-week suspension from childcare
- Fifth (5th) offense= Meeting between parent and CSW management to discuss next steps
- All offenses will be recorded in children’s online (Club Automation) profile.
- Examples of Inappropriate Behaviors:
- Refusal to follow directions.
- Disrespect for others
- Inappropriate/profane language
- Crying and Upset Children
- CSW staff will work hard to console every child struggling to be separated from their parent or guardian. If your child cries, screams or has a tantrum for longer than 15 minutes, a CSW staff member will notify the parent either in person or via text message.
- Sensory City
- CSW is proud to partner with Sensory City, an organization that is dedicated to helping children with invisible disabilities. Sensory City focuses on making spaces friendly for individuals with sensory needs. They make spaces that accommodate children with autism, PTSD, dementia, and ADHD. CSW is the only fitness facility in the mid-west to become Sensory Friendly Certified and able to appropriately accommodate children with sensory disorders. From our sensory kit containing special fidget toys and noise cancelling headphones to our sensory tent and weighted lap pad, CSW is fully equipped to care for all children and give parents piece of mind while their children are in our care.
- Diaper Changing and Toilet Training
- Please make sure your child/ren arrive at our childcare area with a clean, dry diaper. Parents are welcome to use the changing table located in the Family Restroom, just outside the childcare room, before dropping off their child. CSW staff members will not change your child’s diaper. If a bowel movement or blow out were to occur, a member of the childcare team, will contact the parent either in person or via text message. Each parent is expected to immediately tend to their child’s need before completing their workout.
- Our staff is happy to do everything they can to assist your child as they learn how to use the toilet. Please remind the staff on duty of your child’s potty-training needs at the time of drop off. We do not keep spare clothing, diapers or pull-ups on hand so please make sure you have extras available should your child have an accident.
- Children may be accompanied by a CSW childcare staff member and taken from the childcare room to the flex space or the gymnastics/ninja area.
- Guest with children can use CSW childcare at a rate of $6 per hour/per child.
- Payment will be assessed at check-out.
- All current CSW policies and procedures apply.
- Staff Considerations and Certifications
- At Community Sports & Wellness, we pride ourselves on hiring quality people. Before joining the team, each individual goes through an extensive screening process and a background check.
- All staff members have been trained by CSW and have been certified by the Red Cross in adult and child CPR and first aid.